Wednesday, 6 March 2013

How my theme has evolved...

Throughout my blog I have research thoroughly the 1920s and Art Deco so I could enable myself to get a good and better understanding of my themes and what they consisted of. I researched several artists and designers for my themes to understand their thought processes to help inform my design work, sampling and final piece. 

For my context of practice design and practical work i had to chose a theme from the lectures and seminars to base my work upon. I chose an iconic fashion decade - the 1920s fashion and focus on the changing roles for women in the society and how the world war 1 influenced the fashions and how designers and artists interacted more within the decade and how they influenced it massively along with the art deco movement, which is what the styles of women's clothing was based upon to accentuate the femininity and make them stand out to show their more active roles.

Google images 1920s-fashion-and-music.com 25/10/12

I will also be researching the types of clothing in the 1920s, art deco, femininity, various films and music and focusing on certain actresses within the decade as inspiration.

I am aiming to use the 1920s fashion and combine it with the art deco movement for decoration and techniques and research how fashion changed and also the political research, which informed the fashion as the 1920 fashion was introduced after world war I.


Google images stainedinglass.co.uk 25/10/12

No comments:

Post a Comment